20th to 24th of July the 2015 F16 Europeans are hosted by Circolo nautico Cesinatico in Italy and the event promises to be best ever organised in Europe.
Today already 39 boats are registered and there are only 2 days left to pay the lower entry fee.
More than half of the fleet are mixed teams and 4 solo sailors show once again the versatility of the F16.
We see a healthy mix of leisure sailors which will get great racing, sun and good social events and names that will be battling on top of the leader board. Let’s introduce some of them:
– Sanne Wielenga/Thomas De Jong – Nacra F16: These youths placed 10th overall at Round Texel this year and will be the Dutch team to watch.
– Adrian Fawcett/Jesse Dobie – Falcon F16: These Aussies took the F16 world champion title last year in Newport and will be eager to defend their title this year!
– Emmanuel Le Chapelier/Eric Le Bouedec – Bimare F16: Having won Eurocat multiple times, and the Viper worlds these guys have been on fire for a while.
– Aurélie Van Schoote/Morgan Good – Falcon F16: These youths took the vice-world champion title in 2013 in Germany and the French F16 title. Morgan is currently campaigning on the Nacra 17 but will team up with Aurélie again for this event.
– Henri Demesmaeker/Alec Bagué – Viper F16: Also from Belgium this team has won the last edition of Eurocat. In 2013 Henri became F16 world champion and in the 2014 Europeans took 2nd. Young but a lot of experience already they will be going for gold.
In total 6 F16 brands will be represented: AquaRaptor, Bimare, Falcon, Goodall, Nacra and the new Mattia.
Sign up now for the event of the year: http://www.formula16.net/2015/04/online-registration-formula-16-europeans
Don’t forget your papers!!
If you have registered for the Europeans, please remember to bring along your certificate of coverage from your liability insurance and your measurement certificate. Ask your insurance agent for a paper in Italian. Some companies will provide this.